Position: BA9 – Administrative Assistant – RBC Bluesfest
Desired Contract Length: 26 Weeks
Anticipated Start Date: October 14, 2019
End Date: Term approved to the Province of Ontario’s current fiscal year end March 31, 2020. Desired additional weeks, ending April 10, 2020, is pending the approval of Ottawa Festivals’ fiscal year (2020-2021) JCP program application to the Province.
Work Schedule: 30 hours per week/4 days per week
Reporting to and working directly under the supervision of the Director of Operations and the Site Operations Manager, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for assisting with various festival administrative issues and tasks, reviewing the previous festival and planning for the upcoming event in the festival off-season.
- Become knowledgeable about festival norms, procedures and policies;
- Provide administrative support for the festival’s annual golf tournament;
- Assist with the administrative and data entry functions related to annual festival with impeccable accuracy and attention to detail;
- Enter/validate data from a high volume of database sources;
- Edit the Emergency Preparedness Plan & Operations plan for the current festival year and research other events plans;
- Review, compile and consolidate 2019 notes and help design and implement 2020 action plans
- Ensure payments are in and tracking is completed for 2019 season;
- Help to organize the office and at the events for the annual community initiatives supported by the organization;
- Answer phone calls & emails relating to general inquiries about the festival and redirect/escalate to other staff when applicable;
- All other duties as required
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize; detail oriented
- Database management experience
- Proven ability to think creatively and strategically
- Working knowledge of POS (Point of Sales) systems
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, bilingualism is an asset
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office & Google App
Program participants are offered positions of 30 hours per week and are provided a payment of $560 per week ($18.60 per hour) by the Province of Ontario.
Forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please note, only selected candidates who meet the JCP eligibility criteria will be contacted for an interview; applicants must indicate how they meet the eligibility in their email and/or cover letter. To learn more about the JCP program, please visit: http://www.ottawafestivals.ca/jobs/jcp-overview/ Accommodations are considered upon request for candidates taking part in the selection process.
The RBC Bluesfest is committed to building an inclusive workforce reflecting the demographics of a Canadian society. The organization has also developed policies and procedures in order to ensure a barrier-free selection process and workplace