BA5 – Social Media + Marketing Assistant – RBC Bluesfest
Desired Contract Length: 26 Weeks
Anticipated Start Date: February 24, 2020
End Date: Term approved to the Province of Ontario’s current government fiscal year end, March 31, 2020. Desired additional weeks, ending, August 7, 2020 is pending the approval of Ottawa Festivals’ fiscal year (2020-2021) JCP program application to the Province.
Work Schedule: Full Time – 4 business days (32 hours per week)
Work Location: Westboro
Job Summary: Reporting to and working directly under the supervision of the Operations Manager, the Social Media + Marketing Assistant will help with social media activities and marketing for emerging artists affiliated with the organization as well as will be assigned related special projects.
- Create and upload posts on social media channels, speaking as the artist(s); develop social media themes and calendar
- Monitor social media channels, engage with followers, answer questions, etc.
- Identify and work with the team on new opportunities for social media engagement
- Coordinate and implement content shoots (includes off-site activities)
- Create and purchase ads and or “post boost”; coordinate and launch artist releases (single, albums, music videos, etc.)
- Compile and strategically implement social media analytics; utilize basic graphic design and photography
- All other duties as required
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- Passionate about social media and extensive experience using social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Spotify, Apple Music, iTunes, and third party aggregates. (Digital Service Providers)
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize; proven success multi-tasking in a high pressure environment
- Proven ability to think creatively and strategically; ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; bilingualism is an asset
Additional Qualifications Required:
Eligible to participate in Ontario’s Job Creation Partnership (JCP) program by meeting the following criteria:
- You are a resident, living in Ontario.
- You are not a full time student (part time students are eligible).
- You are not leaving employment to participate (working less than an average of 20 hrs/week is considered unemployed.
- You also must meet, and provide documentation for, at least one of the following criteria:
1) Previously employed in Canada in any five of the last ten calendar years and earned income in excess of $2000 in each year, OR
2) Previously established an Employment Insurance benefit claim (regular benefits within the last three years or maternity/parental within the last five years
$17.50 per hour for 32 hours per week – $560 (gross per week) provided by the Province of Ontario.
Forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please note, only selected candidates who meet the JCP eligibility criteria will be contacted for an interview; applicants must indicate how they meet the eligibility in their email and/or cover letter. To learn more about the JCP program, please visit: http://www.ottawafestivals.ca/jobs/jcp-overview/. Accommodations are considered upon request for candidates taking part in the selection process.
The RBC Bluesfest is committed to building an inclusive workforce reflecting the demographics of a Canadian society. The organization has also developed policies and procedures in order to ensure a barrier-free selection process and workplace.