BA5 – Graphic Design Coordinator – RBC Ottawa Bluesfest
Desired Contract Term: 26 Weeks
Anticipated Start Date: January 28, 2019
End Date: Approved to the Province of Ontario’s current fiscal year end March 31, 2019. Desired additional weeks, ending July 26, 2019, is pending the approval of Ottawa Festivals’ fiscal year (2019-2020) JCP program application to the Province.
Job Summary: Responsible for providing graphic design support to the festival’s administrative, marketing and sponsorship teams. Reports to and works directly under the supervision of the Director of Operations.
Office Location: Westboro
- Design various promotional materials for the 2019 festival, including signage, brochures, daily grids, program, etc.
• Maintain and update the graphic design file organization
- Maintain and update the signage inventory
- Design and produce posters and advertisements for all off-season events
• Design and produce invitations and/or laminates to onsite sponsor events
• Prepare photo layouts for all festival reports
• Design Sponsor report templates
• Maintain folder of approved artists’ photos
• Design, update and coordination of other projects as required
• Liaise with printers to obtain quotes and arrange the printing of festival materials
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office/Google Apps, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe PDF, Asana;
- Create print-ready files;
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize, and proven success multi-tasking in a high pressure environment;
- Proven ability to think creatively and strategically;
- Ability to work well independently as well as within a team;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Bilingual skills will be considered an asset
- Eligible to participate in Ontario’s Job Creation Partnership (JCP) program by meeting the following criteria:
- You are a resident, living in Ontario
- You are not a full time student (part time student is allowable)
- You are not leaving employment to participate; you can continue with part time work up to 20 hrs/week
- You also must meet at least one of the following criteria:
–Previously employed in Canada in any five of the last ten years and earned income in excess of $2000, OR
–Previously established a Service Canada Employment Insurance benefit claim: regular benefits within the last three years or maternity/parental within the last five years
Program participants are offered positions of 30 hours per week (4 days per week) and are provided a payment of $423 per week ($14.10 per hour) by the Province of Ontario.
Forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please note, only selected candidates who meet the JCP eligibility criteria will be contacted for an interview; applicants must indicate how they meet the eligibility in their email and/or cover letter. To learn more about the JCP program, please click here
The Ottawa Bluesfest is committed to building an inclusive workforce reflecting the demographics of a Canadian society. The organization has also developed policies and procedures in order to ensure a barrier-free selection process and workplace.