BA4 – Customer Relations and Ticketing Assistant – RBC Ottawa Bluesfest
Desired Contract Term: 26 Weeks
START DATE: February 11, 2019 (flexible)
End Date: Approved to the Province of Ontario’s current fiscal year end March 31, 2019. Desired additional weeks, ending August 9, 2019, is pending the approval of Ottawa Festivals’ fiscal year (2019-2020) JCP program application to the Province.
Summary: Responsible for assisting in festival ticketing, customer service, and office administration. Reports to and works directly under the supervision of the Ticketing and Administration Manager.
Office Location: Westboro
- Be the first point of contact for visitors and deliveries. Become knowledgeable about festival staff, departments, procedures, and policies.
- Answer phone calls relating to general inquiries about the festival and redirect/escalate to other staff when applicable.
- Consistently provide informed, empathetic service to patrons via walk-in, phone, email, or other forms of contact.
- Assist with monitoring email/social media relating to general inquiries about the festival and answer/redirect to other staff when applicable. * Create and upload posts on social media channels, speaking as the festival.
- Onsite: guide volunteer team members in answering calls and resolve/escalate issues when appropriate.
- Post-festival: assist with creating reports from data gathered during the season.
- Learn the ticketing system[s] used for all ticket sales throughout the festival.
- Responsible for in-house sales made to the public, sponsors and groups from the festival’s main office.
- Process in-house telephone, and email order sales as first point of contact for walk in sales.
- Aid in set up and running of all onsite ticket outlets.
- Process and print bulk complimentary ticket orders.
- Work on ticket sales reconciliation.
- Order festival office supplies, update administrative lists, keep contact lists updated.
- Assist with development and distribution of all accreditation packages for the festival.
- Assist with setting up administrative office onsite.
- Oversees a team of volunteers (admin office, info booth) throughout the festival period.
- All other duties as required.
Who are you?
- You have previous customer relations or event staff experience.
- You have knowledge of and experience with using social media platforms for business.
- You’re experienced with handling cash/POS transactions and reconciling sales.
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills in English, French written and oral skills are an asset.
- You have strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize and proven success multi-tasking in a high pressure environment, think creatively and strategically.
- You have the ability to work independently as well as within a team.
- You are eligible to participate in Ontario’s Job Creation Partnership (JCP) program by meeting the following criteria:
- You are a resident, living in Ontario
- You are not a full time student (part time student is allowable)
- You are not leaving employment to participate; you can continue with part time work up to 20 hrs/week
- You also must meet at least one of the following criteria:
– Previously employed in Canada in any five of the last ten years and earned income in excess of $2000, OR
– Previously established a Service Canada Employment Insurance benefit claim: regular benefits within the last three years or maternity/parental within the last five years
Program participants are offered positions of 30 hours per week (4 days per week) and are provided a payment of $423 per week ($14.10 per hour) by the Province of Ontario.
Forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please note, only selected candidates who meet the JCP eligibility criteria will be contacted for an interview; applicants must indicate how they meet the eligibility in their email and/or cover letter. To learn more about the JCP program, please click here
The Ottawa Bluesfest is committed to building an inclusive workforce reflecting the demographics of a Canadian society. The organization has also developed policies and procedures in order to ensure a barrier-free selection process and workplace.