POSITION: BA3 – I.T. Assistant
This position is available through the Ontario Job Creation Partnership Program (OJCP). The OJCP program is designed to provide work experience opportunities to those who have established an Employment Insurance (regular) benefit claim within the last three years, or to those that established a maternity/parental leave Employment Insurance claim within the last five years and are returning to the workforce. For more information about OJCP: http://www.ottawafestivals.ca/jobs/jcp-overview/
This is a temporary 30 hour per week position.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected] In your cover letter, explain how you meet the JCP eligibility criteria.
Only those candidates who meet the JCP criteria will be contacted for an interview.
CONTRACT LENGTH: Desired 26 Weeks
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Approved to government fiscal year end March 31, 2018 with the possibility to be approved the full 26 weeks pending Ottawa Festivals’ fiscal year JCP application and approval from the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development.
Desired end date: July 2018
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for updating the festival’s website, providing technical support, and uploading content/images/podcasts and webcasts as directed, while working closely with the festival’s administrative, communications, and sponsorship team.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Reports to and works directly under the supervision of the Technical Operations Manager.
PRE/POST FESTIVAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Become knowledgeable about festival norms;
• Provide in-house I.T Support to Festival Staff;
• Deploy and Maintain Festival Computers, related software and application support;
• Audit and verify antivirus software installations;
• Assist in Web site Management for Festival online properties including WordPress, WordFence, Google Analytic and Google Adwords;
• Assist in the configuration, testing, staging and storage of Festival specific Wi-Fi, VoIP and IP camera equipment;
• Help develop robust network site plan for Festivals;
• All other duties as assigned.
ON-SITE FESTIVAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist with setting up onsite network administration, deployment, maintenance and of various network components;
• Work with on-site contractors to manage wireless and wired networks;
• Assist with the I.T. Volunteer Team and liaise with the volunteer team leaders;
• Follow through on I.T. wiki development;
• Maintain inventory control of all I.T related equipment and tools;
• All other duties as assigned.
SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS:
• Strong detail, organizational and administrative skills;
• Strong trouble-shooting and conflict resolution skills;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task, and meet deadlines in a busy environment;
• Excellent interpersonal/people skills.
- Event management experience an asset;
• Some heavy lifting and climbing will be required;
• Ability to work flexible hours;
• Knowledge of IP Telephony, Networking, IP Cameras and IP Addressing;
• FreeBSD/linux/unix/ (installing, configuring, working in command line environment);
• Experience configuring network and system gear (MicroTik, Ubiquity, Cisco);
• Ability to terminate, test and troubleshoot Ethernet-based structured cabling.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office, WordPress, HTML, Adobe PDF, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Macromedia Dreamweaver, WS FTP, New Media Applications. Must be able to create printer-ready files.