BA2 – Social Media and Promotions Assistant
CONTRACT LENGTH: 26 weeks
HOURS PER WEEK: 30 (4 days, 7.5 hours per day)
START DATE: October 1st, 2018
NOTE: This position is available through the Ontario Job Creation Partnership Program (JCP). The JCP program is an employment program offered to provide unemployed job seekers in Ontario with work experience to enhance their marketability. For more information about JCP please visit: http://www.tcu.gov.on.ca/eng/employers/jobCreation or http://www.ottawafestivals.ca/jobs/jcp-overview/
JOB SUMMARY: Assist with social media activities and promotions for emerging artists and festival off season events
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Reports to and works directly under the supervision of the Senior Industry Liaison. Also follows direction of the Executive Director.
▪ Create and upload posts on social media channels, speaking as the artist(s) and or festival
▪ Monitor social media channels, engage with followers, answer questions, etc.
▪ Assist with the development of the social media calendar
▪ Identify and work with the team on new opportunities for social media engagement
▪ Coordinate and implement promos (includes off-site activities)
▪ Create and purchase ads and or “post boost”
▪ Coordinate and implement artist content release(s)
▪ Create and implement press releases
▪ The ability to compile and strategically implement social media analytics
▪ Assist with promotions and marketing for other properties
▪ All other duties as required
• Passionate about social media and extensive experience using social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc)
• Working knowledge of Spotify, Apple Music, Itunes, and third party aggregates. (Digital Service Providers)
• Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize
• Proven success multi-tasking in a high pressure environment
• Proven ability to think creatively and strategically
• Ability to work independently as well as within a team
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Basic graphic design and or photography abilities is an asset
• Bilingualism is an asset
Please forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. In your cover letter, explain how you meet the JCP eligibility criteria. To learn more about JCP, please visit http://www.ottawafestivals.ca or http://www.tcu.gov.on.ca/eng/employers/jobCreation.html.
The Ottawa Bluesfest is committed to building an inclusive workforce reflecting the demographics of a Canadian society. The organization has also developed policies and procedures in order to ensure a barrier-free selection process and workplace.