This position is available through the Ontario Job Creation Partnership Program (OJCP), offered in partnership with Employment Ontario. The OJCP program is designed to provide work experience opportunities to those who have received regular Employment Insurance benefits within the last three years, or to those that received maternity/parental leave Employment Insurance benefits within the last five years. More information about OJCP can be found at http://www.ottawafestivals.ca/jobs/jcp-overview/.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. You must clearly state in your application how you meet JCP eligibility.
Only those candidates who meet the JCP criteria will be contacted for an interview.
CONTRACT LENGTH : Desired 26 Weeks
Start Date : ASAP
End Date: Set weeks
JOB SUMMARY : Public relations assistant to help with creating press releases and marketing materials to promote the festival.
REPORTING : Reporting to the Artistic Director
- Assist the management team with:
- Reviewing films being screened at the festival
- Writing media releases
- Pitching stories to media outlets, and following up
- Researching participating filmmakers, organizations and embassies
- Contacting filmmakers for permission to grant interviews
- Securing high-resolution photographs
- Updating social networking sites and website
- Arranging press conferences
- Monitoring ad deadlines and working with graphic designer and Marketing Assistant on materials
- Keeping electronic and hard-copy records of all media and marketing coverage
SKILLS REQUIRED :
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English; French and/or other languages are an asset
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Organized and able to consistently meet deadlines
- Knowledge of database software and asset
- Knowledge of InDesign and Adobe design suite an asset
INDUSTRY CONTACTS :
- International media
- International trade publications
- Animation professionals
- Special event professionals
Ottawa Festivals welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.