This position is available through the Ontario Job Creation Partnership Program (OJCP), offered in partnership with Employment Ontario. The OJCP program is designed to provide work experience opportunities to those who have received regular Employment Insurance benefits within the last three years, or to those that received maternity/parental leave Employment Insurance benefits within the last five years. More information about OJCP can be found at http://www.ottawafestivals.ca/jobs/jcp-overview/.
TO APPLY: Forward CV to [email protected] or fax to 613.233.3134. Please note, only selected candidates who meet the JCP eligibility criteria will be contacted for an interview; applicants must indicate how they meet the eligibility in the email and/or cover letter.
CONTRACT LENGTH: 26 Weeks
START DATE: ASAP
END DATE: For Set Weeks
JOB SUMMARY: Front-line public relations representative for the festival, responsible for all pass sales and answering questions for the general public. This position will also include marketing special projects and social media work.
REPORTING: Reporting to the Managing Director
- Handle all or forward inquiries from the public via phone, email and fax
- Coordinate pass sales
- Ensure all passes are created, with appropriate labeling and inserts
- Assist with volunteers
- Assisting the marketing team with administrative projects and some social media responsibilities
- Work with other staff and take on other appropriate projects
- Excellent communication and people skills
- English essential; spoken French and/or other languages an asset
- Some bookkeeping experience is required; knowledge of Quickbooks an asset
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work through distractions
- Strong computer skills: word processing, database and Internet software
- Must be able to stand for long hours (essential the week of the festival)
- Animation industry professionals
- Special event professionals
Ottawa Festivals welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.