This position is available through the Ontario Job Creation Partnership Program (OJCP). The OJCP program is designed to provide work experience opportunities to those who have established an Employment Insurance (regular) benefit claim within the last three years, or to those that established a maternity/parental leave Employment Insurance claim within the last five years and are returning to the workforce. For more information about OJCP: http://www.ottawafestivals.ca/jobs/jcp-overview/
This is a temporary 30 hour per week position.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. You must clearly state in your application how you meet OJCP eligibility. Only those candidates who meet the OJCP criteria will be contacted for an interview.
CONTRACT LENGTH: 26 Weeks
START DATE: May 7, 2018
END DATE: November 2, 2018
JOB SUMMARY: Assist with planning all parties and special events at the OIAF, as well as soliciting local restaurants and stores to take part in promotional opportunities, and other clerical duties as necessary.
REPORTING: This positions reports to the Client Services Director and the Managing Director.
- Assist with the organization of parties and special events during the Festival
- Assist Managing Director by communicating with event sponsors to determine sponsor needs in terms of venues, caterers, festival organizations, entertainment, etc.
- Assist in the preparation of correspondence
- Assist updating the website
- Clerical support
- Solicit participation from local restaurants and businesses and assist with the publication of a local guide for Festival passholders and guests
- Assist with other publications and promotional material
- Work with Festival staff in different capacities as they arise
- Education or employment background in special events management, communications, film studies or public relations
- Basic knowledge of local restaurants and bars
- Strong computer skills, including word processing, database and Internet programs
- Strong writing and communication skills in English; French and/or other languages an asset
- Ability to use InDesign and Adobe software is an asset
- Physically capable of working longer hours, standing for long periods of time, and lifting/carrying equipment during the festival.