This position is available through the Ontario Job Creation Partnership Program (OJCP). The OJCP program is designed to provide work experience opportunities to those who have established an Employment Insurance (regular) benefit claim within the last three years, or to those that established a maternity/parental leave Employment Insurance claim within the last five years and are returning to the workforce. For more information about OJCP: http://www.ottawafestivals.ca/jobs/jcp-overview/
This is a temporary 30 hour per week position.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. You must clearly state in your application how you meet OJCP eligibility. Only those candidates who meet the OJCP criteria will be contacted for an interview.
CONTRACT LENGTH: 26 Weeks
START DATE: May 8, 2018
END DATE: November 2, 2018
JOB SUMMARY: Assist the management team by performing administrative tasks related to Animation Festival guests including, but not limited to, making travel and hotel arrangements, handling communications with filmmakers and guests and coordinating festival driver schedules.
REPORTING: Reporting to the Programming and the Technical Coordinator.
- Handle all communications with VIP guest and filmmakers
- Coordinate hotels for festival guests and visiting groups.
- Organize travel for VIP guests
- Create a driver’s schedule and supervise drivers during the festival
- Work with other staff and take on other appropriate projects
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English; Other languages are an asset
- Professional demeanor is essential
- Superior organizational skills
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office and database systems (e.g., Navicat, Joomla, etc.)
- Ability to work under extreme pressure; positive stress management skills essential