This position is available through the Ontario Job Creation Partnership Program (OJCP), offered in partnership with Employment Ontario. The OJCP program is designed to provide work experience opportunities to those who have received regular Employment Insurance benefits within the last three years, or to those that received maternity/parental leave Employment Insurance benefits within the last five years. More information about OJCP can be found at http://www.ottawafestivals.ca/jobs/jcp-overview/.
TO APPLY: Forward CV to [email protected] or fax to 613.233.3134. Please note, only selected candidates who meet the JCP eligibility criteria will be contacted for an interview; applicants must indicate how they meet the eligibility in the email and/or cover letter.
CONTRACT LENGTH: 20 Weeks
START DATE: August 7, 2017
END DATE: For Set Weeks
JOB SUMMARY: Customer service representative in charge of managing the Festival boutique throughout the duration of the festival. Must also assist with other office administrative roles.
REPORTING: Reporting to the Managing Director
- Ensure the office and store location are kept clean, organized and free of clutter
- Manage Festival store during the event and process merchandise sales
- Assist with running the online store
- Deliver messages and run errands
- Deal with couriers and the deliveries of all festival merchandise
- Update database for inventory purposes
- Assist with directing all inter-office communications
- Enter bills and invoices into accounting software
- Work with Box Office Coordinator on pass sale procedures
- Work with other Festival staff on an as needed basis
- Coordinate volunteers
- MUST have spoken and written English; additional languages an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience working with cash and sales
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to work in a busy environment
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft Office, database and Internet programs
- Knowledge of Quickbooks an asset
- Animation industry professionals
- Special Event professionals
Ottawa Festivals welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.