This position is available through the Ontario Job Creation Partnership Program (OJCP). The OJCP program is designed to provide work experience opportunities to those who have established an Employment Insurance (regular) benefit claim within the last three years, or to those that established a maternity/parental leave Employment Insurance claim within the last five years and are returning to the workforce. For more information about OJCP: http://www.ottawafestivals.ca/jobs/jcp-overview/
This is a temporary 30 hour per week position.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. You must clearly state in your application how you meet OJCP eligibility. Only those candidates who meet the OJCP criteria will be contacted for an interview.
CONTRACT LENGTH: 26 weeks
Start Date: ASAP End Date: September 28, 2018
JOB SUMMARY: Public relations assistant to help with creating press releases and marketing materials to promote the Festival.
REPORTING: Reporting to the Artistic Director
- Assist the management team with:
- Reviewing animated films being screened at the festival
- Writing media releases
- Pitching stories to media outlets, and following up
- Researching participating filmmakers, organizations and embassies
- Contacting filmmakers for permission to grant interviews
- Securing high-resolution photographs
- Updating social networking sites and the OIAF website
- Arranging press conferences
- Monitoring ad deadlines and working with graphic designer and Marketing Assistant on materials
- Keeping electronic and hard-copy records of all media and marketing coverage
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English; French and/or other languages are an asset
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Organized and able to consistently meet deadlines
- Knowledge of database software and asset
- Knowledge of InDesign and Adobe design suite an asset