POSITION: TA4 – Tourism Development Coordinator – Job Creation Partnership (JCP) Employment Program
This position is available through the Ontario Job Creation Partnership Program (OJCP), offered in partnership with Employment Ontario. The OJCP program is designed to provide work experience opportunities to those who have received regular Employment Insurance benefits within the last three years, or to those that received maternity/parental leave Employment Insurance benefits within the last five years. More information about OJCP can be found at http://www.ottawafestivals.ca/jobs/jcp-overview/.
Desired CONTRACT LENGTH: 26 weeks
START DATE: January 8, 2018
END DATE: : Approved to government fiscal year end March 31, 2018 with the possibility to be approved the full 26 weeks pending Ottawa Festivals’ fiscal year JCP application and approval from the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development. Desired end date: July 6, 2018.
JOB SUMMARY: To develop, implement and coordinate the Festival’s tourism program of activities and services; management of relationship with the tourism partners.
REPORTING: This position reports to the Marketing Director.
- Collaborate to the development of the festival’s Tourism Program of Activities and Services
- Tourism Packages – Guided and self-guided tours
- Tourism Services
- Coordinate the implementation of festival’s Tourism Program and Services
- Maintain the festival’s online presence and profile vis-à-vis the tourism industry
- Maintain a database with contact names for the tourism industry interested in the festival
- Liaison with receptive operators
- Liaison with the Ottawa, Ontario tourism industry
- Work closely and collaborate with all staff and key Festival partners
- Adhere to various festival policies and guidelines
- Complete other tourism duties as needed
- Knowledge and understanding of the organization’s purpose, goals, and objectives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Previous experience in tourism, marketing, or public relations is a strong asset
- Experience in social media: Facebook, Twitter, blogs, Instagram, etc.
- Works well under pressure
- Bilingualism is an asset
- Tourism industry: Ottawa, Ontario, Canadian
TO APPLY: Forward CV to [email protected] and [email protected] Please note, only selected candidates who meet the JCP eligibility criteria will be contacted for an interview; applicants must indicate how they meet the eligibility in the email and/or cover letter. To learn more about the JCP program, please click here