Ottawa Festivals is looking for enthusiastic and vibrant candidates to be part of the GetFestive Team this summer.
These 12 week positions (3) are available through the Canada Summer Jobs program.
Show us what you’ve got!
To apply for these positions:
- Post a video to YouTube, Instagram, Twitter or Facebook using the #OTTFestTalent hashtag telling us why you want to be on the GetFestive Team, or you can profile an upcoming festival to show us your chops!
- Send your resume to [email protected] with a couple examples of your written work (school assignments acceptable) such as blog posts, articles, etc.
- Send us links to any of your posts or a vlog that you think we’d like to see.
- Deadline: May 20, 2019
The Official Job Description
Ottawa Festivals d’Ottawa, a not for profit member based service organization is seeking 3 Student Ambassadors. In this position you will have an opportunity to learn from, and collaborate with, a depth of expertise in the exciting festival industry. Our team works hard, learns from one another and are all committed to having positive impact on the social and economic development of our industry.
Length of Employment: 12 weeks
Anticipated Start Date: May 27 or Jun 3 (2019)
Remuneration: $14.00 per hour plus 4% vacation pay
Hours of Work: 35 Hours per week – schedules will vary week to week while attending festival events
Acting as a festival outreach ambassador, students will promote and position Ottawa as Canada’s Festival Capital – an exciting place for residents and visitors!
Key responsibilities include:
- Attending Ottawa’s festivals, special events and fairs capturing and sharing moments through social media – acting as a virtual concierge and ambassador for the festival industry
- Writing blog and social media posts
- Coordinating and running special activities at member festivals and special events, engaging visitors and promoting the industry may be required
- Eligible to participate in the Canada Summer Jobs program (servicecanada.gc.ca)
- Students enrolled in, or graduated from, a public relations, marketing, communications, events management program or a similar field of study
- Oral proficiency in English. French or other languages are considered as assets
- Creative, energetic, engaging, personable and friendly are MUST have’s
- Articulate and comfortable dealing with the public
- Reliable and flexible with a can do attitude
- At least one year customer service experience
Nice to Have:
- Someone passionate about the festivals and arts community
Scheduling, Location, Other Information:
- Must be comfortable working outdoors in varying summer conditions
- Students will work 35 hours per week scheduled between 9:00am-9:00pm, weekends and holidays included