Jul 2, 2019 | Announcements and updates Festival News
The TaDa! Performing Arts Festival is seeking actors for a new Ian Tamblyn play, Nun Of It, to be performed September 13 and 15, 2019 at the Black Sheep Inn, Wakefield, QC.
Nun of It is the final play in a trilogy Ian has written over the last several years with the same main characters. All of the plays take a satirical look at the artist in society and are full of humour, taking pokes at politics, religion, and relationships along the way. Though Fallutin is a desperate poet, some of the subjects he targets are prescient — or at least he thinks they are! The trilogy might be seen as a serious spoof on performance art and there is a dash of the romantic confusion found in A Mid Summer Night’s Dream. Above all, Nun of It is a comedic romp where no one and no topic is left unscathed. This production will be directed by Rae Maitland, who once played Phoebe! This is a community theatre production and we will not have the budget to pay actors (but we can guarantee you will reap many rewards and laugh a lot!)
- Thursday, July 11 7:00pm – 9:30pm and
- Saturday, July 13 10:00am – 1:00 pm
(Please note all auditions will be given a specific time.)
Call Backs: TBD
Date rehearsals start: August 3, 2019
Date rehearsals end: Sept. 12, 2019
Note that the director will be away August 17-25.
Weekly rehearsal schedule: 14 hrs/week: Monday, Tuesday evenings, Sat. Sun. afternoons. (Not everyone will be required for every rehearsal, but the two main characters will be needed for most.)
We are looking for actors to fill the following roles:
- Zephyr Fallutin – [male, 40-55] a middle-aged, very bad beat poet with a “determined artistic conceit”
- Phoebe Selmeci – [female, 25-35] girlfriend of Zephyr, a young, artistic free spirit who has the Midas touch with every artistic endeavour she takes on
- Bill Hartwell – [male, 40-55] Head of the Rideau Street Merchants Association and former boyfriend of Phoebe
- Sheila Beachman – [female, 40-55] reporter and former girlfriend of Zephyr
- Lucy van Oldenbarnaveld – CBC Television announcer
- Sophia Fallutin – [female, 70s] elderly mother of Zephyr
- Chuck – [any age] news announcer
We are also seeking a stage manager for this production.
Please email [email protected] to set up an audition time or call 819-639-9047.