Feb 16, 2017 | Announcements and updates Festival News
Top chefs from across the country to stage legendary dinner in the shadow of Canada’s iconic Parliament Buildings
Ottawa – The Ottawa 2017 Bureau and Mayor Jim Watson, in collaboration with lead partner CIBC, Restaurateur Stephen Beckta and Chef Mike Moffatt of Beckta, Play and Gezellig restaurants, along with Sheila Whyte of Thyme & Again Catering, are pleased to announce that tickets to Canada’s Table will go on sale at noon on Friday, February 17.
This Ottawa 2017 Signature Event, under the Ignite 150 program, will feature all-Canadian products served to guests seated at a single, 1000-person, open-air table on Wellington Street.
For this once-in-a-lifetime culinary experience, ten top local chefs will partner with ten top chefs from across Canada to stage a legendary four-course dinner with wine pairings.
Local chefs who will be participating:
- Chris Deraiche (Wellington Gastropub)
- Marc Lepine (Atelier)
- Joe Thottungal (Coconut Lagoon)
- Michael Blackie (NeXT)
- Jordan Holley (Riviera)
- Ross Fraser (Fraser Cafe & The Rowan)
- Jon Svazas (Fauna & Bar Laurel)
- Tim Stock (Play food & wine)
- Marc Doiron (Town & Citizen)
- Yannick Anton (Le Cordon Bleu)
- Some of the visiting chefs who will be participating:
- Dale Mackay (Ayden Kitchen and Bar & Little Grouse on the Prairie, Saskatoon, SK)
- David Hawksworth (Hawksworth & Nightingale, Vancouver, BC)
- Melissa Craig (Bearfoot Bistro, Whistler BC)
- Matthew Krizan (Mateus Bistro, Mahone Bay, NS)
- Normand Laprise (Toqué & Brasserie T, Montreal, QC)
- Paul Rogalski (Rouge, Calgary, AB)
- Scott Vivian (Beast Restaurant, Toronto, ON)
- Additional visiting chefs will be announced shortly.
Canada’s Table will take place on August 27 beginning at 6 p.m. Tickets are $175.00 which includes wine pairings (tax and ticket surcharges extra).
To purchase tickets, visit Ottawa2017.ca/Canadas-table.
As announced last month, Canada’s Table is a non-profit event, with many partners donating their time or resources. Proceeds raised from the event will be used to aid local and national food security causes.
This is part of a four-day series of culinary events where celebrity chefs from across Canada will be featured in local restaurants. In addition, they will make a social contribution by sharing their skills with local charity organizations and by offering culinary demonstrations on how to prepare low-cost, healthy family meals using fresh local products.
Canada’s 150th anniversary celebrations will offer Canadians and visitors from around the world an exceptional and memorable year of high-caliber experiences while bringing a record number of visitors to Ottawa in 2017 to celebrate this important milestone for our country.
Ottawa 2017 thanks its lead partner CIBC, premier partner Bell, the Government of Ontario (www.ontario.ca/150 #ontario150) and the Government of Canada (www.canada.ca/150 #canada150) for their contributions in helping to deliver twelve full months of bold events, immersive experiences and all-out celebrations.