Jul 10, 2015 | Arts, culture and heritage Industry News Ottawa News Tourism Industry
The countdown to 2017 is on and hundreds of organizations from across the country are banding together to launch a digital platform that will capture all the activity, action and engagement around Canada’s sesquicentennial. The Canada-wide initiative is being championed by the 150Alliance, an open network of individuals and organizations mobilizing around 2017, which includes organizations such as the National Arts Centre, Trans Canada Trail, Toronto International Film Festival, Scouts Canada, Canadian Association of Science Centres, Canadian Association of Museums, Montreal 375, The Banff Centre and many, many more.
150alliance.ca will act as the central online hub for all 2017 activities, with individuals and organizations across the country contributing to:
- an extensive directory of organizations and projects related to Canada 150, searchable by location, sector and many other filters;
- a cross-Canada events calendar;
- multiple digital work spaces where organizations can connect and collaborate;
- storytelling and news feeds from 150Alliance members;
- shared dashboards that will help Canadians find and track 2017 activity and engagement;
- and a library of resources to help organizations make the most of their plans for 2017.
Individuals and organizations from across Canada who are mobilizing around 2017 are invited to join the platform now at www.150alliance.ca.