[Source: NCC press release]
Canada’s Capital Region — The National Capital Commission (NCC) invites residents and visitors to join in special activities to celebrate the Labour Day long weekend at the Mackenzie King Estate on Saturday, September 3, Sunday, September 4 and Monday, September 5.
ACTIVITIES PRESENTED FROM SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 3 TO MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 5:
• Guided tours of the Estate with an NCC guide (2 pm in English; 3 pm in French).
* Monday, September 5: Guided tours will be offered at 10 am and 2 pm in English and 11 am and 3 pm in French.
• Guided tours of the gardens and ruins with volunteers (all day — bilingual).
• Dry stone wall building/repair demonstrations (noon to 4:30 pm — bilingual).
* Monday, September 5: Demonstrations will begin at 10 am.
• Chocolate workshops and sampling of exotic flavours of chocolate (1 pm in English; 2 pm in French).
* Saturday, September 3: French workshop will begin at 2:45 pm.
• Musical performances by Michel-André Vallières (2:30 pm to 4:30 pm — bilingual)
* Saturday, September 3: Musical performances will begin at 3 pm.
ACTIVITIES PRESENTED ON SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 3:
• Theatrical performances by the Parks Canada Players (noon in English; 2 pm in French).
ACTIVITIES PRESENTED ON SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 4:
• Face painting and games for the whole family (all day).
Activities will take place rain or shine.
MACKENZIE KING ESTATE HOURS OF OPERATION:
Summer Hours of Operation
Until September 5, 2011, the Estate will be open:
• Wednesdays through Mondays, 9:30 am to 4:30 pm.
Fall Hours of Operation
From September 6 to October 16, 2011, the Estate will be open:
• Wednesdays through Mondays, 10:30 am to 4:30 pm.
• Estate museums are closed on Tuesdays, the grounds remain open to the public.
The Mackenzie King Tearoom is open every day, from 11 am to 5 pm. For more information or reservations, please call 819-827-3405.
$8 Day pass: car
$30 Day pass: minibus (20 passengers or less)
$50 Day pass: bus
For more information on the Mackenzie King Estate or activities offered in Gatineau Park, the public may contact the NCC at 819-827-2020, 1-800-465-1867, 613-239-5090 (TTY) or 1-866-661-3530 (toll-free TTY), stop by the Gatineau Park Visitors Centre located at 33 Scott Road, in Chelsea, or visit the NCC’s website at www.canadascapital.gc.ca/king.